chvt utility and device node symlinks

Clint Thomas cthomas at Soneticom.com
Wed Mar 21 20:28:28 UTC 2007

Do you have a link to "screen", as it seems to be a nightmare to
google-search for. I have been trying picocom, but it does not seem to
be talking to the device, and it does not look like there is a mailing
list for it. Also, Bernhard mentioned IIRC, do you know anything about
that?

CT

-----Original Message-----
From: busybox-bounces at busybox.net [mailto:busybox-bounces at busybox.net]
On Behalf Of Paul Fox
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:28 PM
To: busybox at busybox.net
Subject: Re: chvt utility and device node symlinks

 > What about a program that runs from within the same linux terminal
you  > are sitting on, but allows me to communicate to another device as
if it  > were in another terminal? My serial console is on ttyS0, and I
want to  > open a comm link to a new serial device. I though I read that
agetty or  > another program might be able to do this, but do you
recommend anything  > in particular?

i think you're looking for something like minicom.  i thought i
remembered a smaller replacement for minicom, but i can't seem to find
it right now.

"screen" also seems to have a mode where you can open a window to an
outgoing tty, though i've never tried it.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com