Busybox --> telnetd question

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed May 2 00:45:47 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 01:48, Praba Rajah wrote:
>   Is there any lrzsz package for arm7 or 9 processors? I can only see armv41.

You can also use http for file transfer. busybox includes both wget
(for retrieving files) and httpd (for providing files).

> >>   My telnetd is running in my target board.
> >>
> >>   If I telnet from the target board to PC I am getting " telnet: cannot
> >> connect to remote host( 192.168.x. xxx): connection refused"
>
> >Maybe you don't have telnetd running on your PC.
>   I have installed PCTelD202A and able to telnet from target board to PC

Hm, you can simply use busybox's telnet and telnetd on both ends.
Unless your PC is under Windows, that is.

> >>   If I telnet to the target-board from PC ( using PuTTY), I am getting "
> >> Connection closed by remote host" window.
>
> >Did you set correct connection port (port 23 instead of 22)?
>   How do I check this? I am using Putty and when I select "telnet"
>   It is automatically changed to port 23 but still I am getting
>   "Connection closed by remote host" error message.

Because remote host closed the connection. What do you see on the wire
(tcpdump)? Or strace of server process (strace -f -p `pidof telnetd`)?

Can you describe how exactly do you start telnetd on target board?
(command line + .config of busybox used at build time).
--
vda