Making DO_POSIX_CP configurable

Alexander Kriegisch Alexander at Kriegisch.name
Tue Sep 11 04:34:22 PDT 2007

Hi Denys!

Thanks for introducing a special case for block/character devices. :) In
a way, you did more than I requested, in another you did not, because
DO_POSIX_CP still is not configurable the way I thought it was obviously
inquired by me. But as so often, questions need to be asked more
precisely, so I am amending this: I would like the flag to be
configurable via (menu)config, so I do not have to patch the source code
'#define'. It would make sense for environments like ours. Security is
less of an issue on a single-user system, so there is no problem in
switching on classical POSIX-ly behaviour (which is still like this in
Coreutils, by the way) globally.

Best regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch