brctl

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 08:45:22 PST 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 08:10:12AM -0800, aldot at busybox.net wrote:
>Author: aldot
>Date: 2008-01-14 08:10:11 -0800 (Mon, 14 Jan 2008)
>New Revision: 20856
>
>Log:
>- implement brctl setpathcost, setportprio, setbridgeprio, stp
>   text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
>    907      20       0     927     39f networking/brctl.o

Now all ops for setting are implemented.
One nice feature is that you can write multiple commands with one
invocation, like:
brctl addbr mybr addif mybr myif0 stp mybr 1 setportprio mybr myif 1
(at least in theory)
while you'd have to break them up into individual invocations with the
big brctl.

Please test and let me know if this applet works for you, TIA.

PS: Any takers to implement these ops (via the ioctl interface, not
sysfs!)?
- show
- showmacs
- showstp