[uClibc] ldconfig does not build (cvs20030901)

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Tue Sep 2 05:35:11 UTC 2003

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Mon Sep 01, 2003 at 08:29:44PM +0200, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > It does not find ldso.h (missing -I../include), and some others
> >
> > tried with: make -C ldso/util ldconfig.
>
> The "ldconfig" utility is not needed, and therefore is not
> built with uClibc.  When you follow whatever instructions
> you are following, skip the ones discussing ldconfig.
I do know, that caching is not supported, but I use ldconfig (like some
install scripts too) to create the needed symlinks (libname.so.0.0.0 ->
libname.so.0)
> Do you think it would be helpful for me to instead create
> a no-op version of ldconfig (i.e. a symlink to /bin/true)
> to prevent people getting confused?
I would prefer a version that makes the correct symlinks, the caching
function disabled.
How do you want to include support for search directories for
libraries (not /lib and /usr/lib), if not using ld.so.conf (and cache)?

Peter

--
Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net>   ID: 0xA5F059F2    NIC: IXUYHSKQLI