[uClibc] buildroot & gcc-3.2.3

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Sat Sep 20 15:00:12 UTC 2003

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 01:14:13PM +0200, Marcin Bukat wrote:
> Hello!
> 1. Some paths in buildroot's *.mk are not valid (Due to discover that
> gnu server was hacked. Some sources are being validated and not
> published yet).

Yes.  Try finding the affected packages somewhere else and copying them
to your sources/dl directory.  Hopefully the gnu site will be fully up
again in some reasonable amount of time.

> 2. I can't build gcc-3.2.3. I got gcc*.patch files for 3.2.3 from
> toolchain directory, edited gcc*.mk file and compilation stops on
> gcc-3.2.3-final with such error:
> cannot
>    convert `const __ctype_touplow_t*' to `const int*' in assignment
> buildroot with gcc-3.3.1 compiled sucsessfully. Any idea what's wrong?

The gcc patch for libstd++ support is specific to gcc-3.3.1.  If you
want to use gcc-3.2.3, you will have to adapt it.

Manuel