[uClibc] Re: Toolchain construction help needed for pure uClibc system

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Sep 30 17:19:57 UTC 2003

On Tue Sep 30, 2003 at 10:35:10AM -0400, West Suhanic wrote:
> Hi Miles:
>
> The problem occurred during the build of binutils. A program called chew got
> built. This
> program is then invoked. However since chew is built using i386-uclibc-gcc
> it looks for
> uClibc.so in /lib. However since this is my host machine, uClibc is not
> installed, so chew
> does not run. I know I could put uClibc in /lib but I am looking for another
> solution. I was
> wondering if you could tell me the steps you went through for building gcc?

I have seen this problem before when using buildroot.  The main
thing is you need to pass in CC_FOR_BUILD and CC_FOR_TARGET type
variables when building.  Refer to the various $(BINUTILS_DIR2)
targets

    http://www.uclibc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/buildroot/make/binutils.mk?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

 -Erik