Buildroot question

theHog uclibc at t3i.nl
Sun Mar 5 13:29:09 UTC 2006

----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
From: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org>
To: uclibc at uclibc.org
Date: 05-Mar-2006 05:38
Subject: Re: Buildroot question

> On Saturday 04 March 2006 17:04, theHog wrote:
> > How do I proceed from here?
>
> that's a question only you can answer
>
> > Is the buildroot environment sufficiently configurable for doing so?
>
> the buildroot can do just about anything :P
>
> > Are there any documents or websites that explain how to proceed?
>
> look in the docs subdir of buildroot

I was hoping for a a little more explanation on how to use the buildroot
environment. Cross compiling is new to me. I have used Gentoo to build a HTPC
environment but it ends up with over 1 GB of diskspace. Instead of striping
the Gentoo environment, I thought it would be better to build a minimal,
clean system from the ground up. I'll need a lot of packages that don't come
standard with buildroot. So, I guess I have to learn about buildroot by
experimenting to e.g. include kernel headers for the latest 2.6(.15) kernel?
Life would be easier if there were HOWTO's and examples available.

Anyway, thanks for the answer,

Richard.