Building a ARM EABI toolchain fails in ld-uClibc-0.9.28.so

Joseph S. Myers joseph at codesourcery.com
Mon Mar 6 14:20:21 UTC 2006

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:

> I have looked at your patch and I like the way it is done. It seems to me
> that the only part that is missing (apart from not supporting all archs)
> is the --enable-clocale=uclibc feature. The math functions check is more
> correct then it is now, buildroot should benefit of it too. I haven't done
> a compile check, does your patch work w/ --enable-clocale=generic one
> (this should be picked up as default)?

Yes, it works with --enable-clocale=generic.

> Do I read the patch right? gcc -muclibc allows on a glibc host to use
> ld-uClibc.so.0, resp. gcc -mglibc on an uClibc host to use ld-linux.so.x?

Yes.  (This is most useful in conjunction with a custom multilib
configuration providing both glibc and uClibc multilibs with different
sysroots selected depending on the command-line options.)

> Would you provide an update patch that solves support for the other archs?
> If we put it into buildroot, it will get enough testing, so that it can be
> added upstream as well.

That patch <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-02/msg01426.html> has
already gone in (to trunk and branches/csl/sourcerygxx-4_1).  The only
problem since reported is breakage on i?86-*-k*bsd-gnu (BSD with GNU libc)
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-03/msg00303.html>.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph at codesourcery.com