Subject: [BusyBox 0001334]: [BUG] mdev does not run command if it does not find the "dev" file under /sys

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 03:19:40 -0700

The following issue has been SUBMITTED. 
====================================================================== 
http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=1334 
====================================================================== 
Reported By:                landau
Assigned To:                BusyBox
====================================================================== 
Project:                    BusyBox
Issue ID:                   1334
Category:                   Other
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Priority:                   normal
Status:                     assigned
====================================================================== 
Date Submitted:             05-06-2007 03:19 PDT
Last Modified:              05-06-2007 03:19 PDT
====================================================================== 
Summary:                    [BUG] mdev does not run command if it does not find
the "dev" file under /sys
Description: 
If mdev does not find a dev file under the appropriate branch in /sys, it
quits without executing a command (if one is present).
The attached patch fixes that. If dev does not exist, then no device file
in /dev is created (of course!), but command, if present, is executed.
This is very handy for firmware loading, since the driver may not expose
any device files (e.g. the driver is used by other drivers and not by
userspace) and still require a firmware loaded to its device.

The patch applies to svn trunk rev 18563.
It shouldn't interfere with the circulating patch which adds symlink and
directory support, but I have not verified this.
====================================================================== 

Issue History 
Date Modified   Username       Field                    Change               
====================================================================== 
05-06-07 03:19  landau         New Issue                                    
05-06-07 03:19  landau         Status                   new => assigned     
05-06-07 03:19  landau         Assigned To               => BusyBox         
05-06-07 03:19  landau         File Added: mdev.patch                       
======================================================================

_______________________________________________
busybox-cvs mailing list
[email-masked]
http://busybox.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/busybox-cvs