[BusyBox] shell prompt without login

Peter Willis psyphreak at phreaker.net
Wed May 26 14:40:29 UTC 2004

I usually just add "init=/bin/ash" to the bootloader.

Erik Andersen wrote:

>On Wed May 26, 2004 at 12:42:17PM +0200, Steven Scholz wrote:
>

>>Anything wrong about just doing
>>
>>ttySA0::askfirst:-/bin/sh		or
>>
>>ttySA0::respawn:-/bin/sh
>>

>Yep, that should work just fine too.  :-)
>
> -Erik
>
>--
>Erik B. Andersen             http://codepoet-consulting.com/
>--This message was written using 73% post-consumer electrons--

This is a bit OT, but how would you fellas feel about a mini tcpdump
implementation for busybox? Wouldn't have pcap support just yet, but
it'll display traffic or dump raw frames and has the basic command-line
filtering syntax from tcpdump. So far i've got a stand-alone binary
~9kB. Of course this would go into patches/ until the next release :-)