[BusyBox] shell prompt without login

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed May 26 14:49:12 UTC 2004

On Wed May 26, 2004 at 10:40:29AM -0400, Peter Willis wrote:
> This is a bit OT, but how would you fellas feel about a mini tcpdump
> implementation for busybox? Wouldn't have pcap support just yet, but
> it'll display traffic or dump raw frames and has the basic command-line
> filtering syntax from tcpdump. So far i've got a stand-alone binary
> ~9kB. Of course this would go into patches/ until the next release :-)

I saw the announce on freshmeat, and made a few changes you may
want to merge back in.

    http://www.codepoet.org/etherdump.c

On the whole the code looks to be in fairly good shape and IMHO
this definately has potential for becoming a busybox applet.
I know I would find this useful i.e. on my wireless access point,

 -Erik