[BusyBox] busybox httpd

Hiroshi Ito ito at mlb.co.jp
Thu Nov 4 04:12:43 UTC 2004

 Hi,

From: "Luke Fimmerzane" <lukefimmerzane at hotmail.com>
Subject: [BusyBox] busybox httpd
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 01:03:09 +0000
> Hi,
> Can someone give me some pointers as to how I can get httpd working on my
> Arm target. I am using BusyBox v1.00-rc3. I apologise if these 3 questions
> are simple:
>
> (1) httpd applet is built but it doesn't seem to support -p option. Is there
> a config option I've missed.

  follows are picked up from "make menuconfig"
  Support using httpd only from inetd

  CONFIG_FEATURE_HTTPD_USAGE_FROM_INETD_ONLY:
   This option disables uid and port options for the httpd applet
   but requires inetd server daemon.

  This option disables -p.

> (2) If I run it from command line it stops running e.g. if I do a ps aux
> after running it,

  Yes, and httpd reads request from stdin, and prints result to stdout.
/tmp # httpd
get /			<= I typed in from kyboard.
HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 04:02:09 GMT
Connection: close

<HEAD><TITLE>403 Forbidden</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY><H1>403 Forbidden</H1>

</BODY>
/tmp #
put a following line to /etc/inetd.conf,
www             stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/httpd httpd -h /www

and, restart inetd
It will work.

--------
Hiroshi Ito
Media Lab. Inc.,
URL http://www.mlb.co.jp ( Sorry, Japanese only. )
TEL +81-3-5294-7255  FAX +81-3-5294-7256