[BusyBox] writing pidfiles

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Aug 23 14:13:41 MDT 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 10:58, Jason Schoon wrote:
> Sounds like a useful patch to me.  My one thought would be that it may
> need to be configurable.  It is really small, so I don't like the
> thought of adding config, especially to multiple applets, but there
> might be some systems that really don't want something writing to
> disk.  In my flash-based system I try greatly to reduce the amount of
> things writing to flash and/or have them write to tmpfs instead.
>
> The consolidated pidfile code for libbb sounds like a great idea.

If you're going to check it in, do the libbb consolidation work first.  And
then give the consolidated version the CONFIG_ option.  (Put the config guard
in the headers, so it either defines a function prototype the pidfile
functions, or #defines empty macros for them).

Given that: yeah, thumbs up.  Sounds cool. :)