[BusyBox] Getting started on 1.0.1-rc2

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat Aug 13 02:38:21 UTC 2005

On Friday 12 August 2005 10:28 pm, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Thursday 11 August 2005 21:30, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Wednesday 10 August 2005 07:30 pm, Rob Landley wrote:
> > > 10974: is this a bugfix, or a follow-up to 10887?
> >
> > not a bugfix, just gets rid of a warning (accept is a function defined in
> > header files and newer gcc/glibc combos complain)
>
> It's also apparently dependent on the big unzip rewrite.  Attempting to
> apply it all the hunks fail.

yeah, looks like a bug introduced by the big unzip rewrite ...

> > > 10975: what?
> >
> > sometimes the build process generates a .hdepend file ... i just added it
> > to the '.cvsignore' list
>
> This is another one I don't know how to apply.

svn pe svn:ignore .
<add .hdepend to the list>
svn commit .

> > > 11002 ether-wake and uclibc?
> >
> > should be moved to 1.0 if it isnt already ... the warning explains the
> > issue ...
>
> Having read this patch: no.
>
> Fix uclibc (add a stub function), or don't use ether-wake, but don't #ifdef
> uclibc in the middle of the code.  That's not progress.

yes, i know, the plan was to fix uClibc but seeing as how that wont be done
before the 0.9.28 release ...

> > > 10922 #ifdef newlib is not an improvement.
> >
> > it's an improvement if you use newlib ;)
>
> If I'm not going to apply a uclibc #ifdef and I _use_ uclibc, what do you
> think the chances of me applying a newlib #ifdef?

actually, this re-orders existing #ifdef's, it doesnt add new ones
-mike