[BusyBox] Filesystem detection in mount & lazy unmount

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Jul 9 22:15:47 UTC 2005

On Saturday 09 July 2005 15:23, Chris Spiegel wrote:
> Hi,
>   "mount" from mainline util-linux has the ability to do automatic
> filesystem detection, if no type is selected, by checking magic numbers -
> this is more complete than just checking /proc/filesystems because it can
> detect filesystems whose modules are not loaded.

P.S.  This is what /etc/filesystems is for, by the way.  Listing filesystems
whose modules may not currently be loaded.

Now I'll admit that loading and then unloading modules for filesystems that
aren't in use isn't the most efficient way to go about it, but it's the
simplest implementation.

Rob

(P.P.S. No, I have no idea why my previous reply to you hasn't made it to the
list yet...)