[BusyBox] Re: [BusyBox-cvs] svn commit: trunk/busybox: include networking

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Jul 28 16:46:50 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 18:14, Shaun Jackman wrote:

> The ENABLED_ prefix works for me, or alternatively remove the CONFIG_
> prefix and use just the FEATURE_ prefix. Note that if #if xxx is used
> instead of #ifdef xxx, then xxx may be defined to 0 and 1, and both
> the preprocessor and dead code elminitation will work. I suspect
> #ifdef is too ingrained to remove it entirely though.

Any replacement prefix would remove the CONFIG_ prefix because A) it's trival
to do with sed, B) it's too long otherwise.

> Another possible prefix is DEFINED_ (or maybe just DEF_), as in #if
> DEFINED_xxx or if(DEFINED_xxx).

I'm leaving the CONFIG_ thing with its current semantics because the
alternative is an extremely intrusive patch that replaces over 1000 existing
#ifdefs.

> Cheers,
> Shaun

Rob

P.S.  I got an email from Erik yesterday that says he's gone fishing until
saturday.  I'm going to try to get this resolved, and also prepare an -rc2
and check in my mount rewrite by then, so he can review it all when he gets
back.