tar xf a.tar dir/dir fix added to svn

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Sep 4 19:28:49 UTC 2006

On Sunday 03 September 2006 7:25 pm, Glenn L McGrath wrote:
> It wouldnt be that hard to do, but the big picture shows me that the
> code needs to be redesigned, which is something ive been in an endless
> loop trying to do.

I'm all for it, but have no cycles to contribute.  I have my hands full with
the shell stuff right now.  After that gets to a reasonable stopping point
(I.E. I replace lash and maybe hush) I have a pending rewrite of the entire
ext2fs directory I need to finish (mke2fs is actually pretty simple once you
remove the conceptual overgrowth), and then I should dredge up the old passwd
rewrite I half-finished and get it done and in (parsing colon separated text
does not require its own library!)...

I do ask that the new version be understandable enough that I can add things
like mkisofs without spending several days studying the existing code and
still not having a clue how to start...