[patch] ntpclient

Jesse Dutton jessedutton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 22:38:24 UTC 2006

> > With both options: [chop]
> > function                                             old     new   delta
> > search                                                80     304    +224
> > send_packet                                           31     171    +140
>
> I'm not sure I would trust those numbers.  search and send_packet are
> static routines in the ntpclient.c file, and bloatcheck looks like it
> has somehow combined them with some other busybox search (diff) and
> send_packet (udhcp) routines.

Interesting. I changed the name of the static functions and got:
ntp_search                                             -     224    +224
ntp_send_packet                                        -     140    +140

So the deltas look all right. My linker foo is not strong enough to
know whether these symbols have been combined in the binary or in the
bloatcheck script. Regardless, I attached a new patch with unique
names.

-Jesse