waiting for reply; timeout? [was: "i'll think about it"]

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Sun Sep 24 10:25:38 UTC 2006

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 11:30:21AM +0200, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 02:54:11PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:

>>that
>>>
>>> I've applied it as r16176 for now.
>>> Feel free to wipe it out of the tree like you did with taskset, if you
>>> feel like.
>>
>>Done.
>
>Thanks so much.

I consider "Thu Sep 21 13:17:44 PDT 2006" as the starting point.

At the time of this writing, roughly 62 hours have passed since then.

Don't get me wrong, please. I'm just concerned about the rate at which
we're able to make progress.
How long are we supposed to wait? Another 3 days? A month?

Remember "df -k /" being broken?
http://busybox.net/lists/busybox/2004-May/011643.html
Entered 03-12-05 20:11 as http://bugs.busybox.net/view.php?id=145
landley> 2006-Jul-11 "I'll fix it."
http://www.busybox.net/lists/busybox/2006-July/023142.html

There are several things that are "waiting". Let's continue with df,
since we're already there:

me     > 2005-Aug-15 add "df -P -B"
landley> 2005-Aug-16 "Lemme take a whack at further cleanups on this,
ok?"
http://busybox.net/lists/busybox/2005-August/015469.html
<nada>

What happened to "df -t", out of curiousity?
http://busybox.net/lists/busybox/2005-August/015497.html

If something is better done in a different way, then fine, outline it
and the submitter will usually try to pursue that approach.
Please understand that collaboration to make progress depends on tasks
not be blocked indefinitely, obviously.