Building a ARM EABI toolchain fails in ld-uClibc-0.9.28.so

Joseph S. Myers joseph at codesourcery.com
Tue Mar 7 14:05:25 UTC 2006

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:

> I would opt for the first version, many, if not all linux-gnu* where
> changed to linux-*. It would be good to get rid of linux-gnu* at all, but
> I am not sure what the exceptions would be.

I'd say just use linux*; where the difference matters, a more specific
test of the compiler and flags in use should be made.  Fixing libtool
issues for GCC is a pain since GCC uses a forked version of an old libtool
branch, and corresponding changes need to go in CVS libtool as well so
that it's eventually possible to upgrade (once newlib has been converted
to use current autoconf and automake).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph at codesourcery.com