Building a ARM EABI toolchain fails in ld-uClibc-0.9.28.so

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Tue Mar 7 14:36:29 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 09:05, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > I would opt for the first version, many, if not all linux-gnu* where
> > changed to linux-*. It would be good to get rid of linux-gnu* at all, but
> > I am not sure what the exceptions would be.
>
> I'd say just use linux*; where the difference matters, a more specific
> test of the compiler and flags in use should be made.  Fixing libtool
> issues for GCC is a pain since GCC uses a forked version of an old libtool
> branch, and corresponding changes need to go in CVS libtool as well so
> that it's eventually possible to upgrade (once newlib has been converted
> to use current autoconf and automake).

upstream libtool is usuable for uClibc atm without patches ... as long as they
continue to mark linux as pass_all, we dont need them to change anything ...
older versions of libtool though need to be patched as they try to run file
tests on glibc-specific libraries to detect shared lib support

so just getting gcc fixed is acceptable at this time
-mike