UartLite for MontaVista - virtex4

Roberto A. Foglietta roberto.foglietta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 05:46:30 PDT 2007

2007/3/14, Peter Korsgaard <peter.korsgaard at barco.com>:

> >> Huh, Xilinx released a uartlite driver? Where?
>
> RAF> Windriver Linux 1.3 supports Xilinx ML403 board.
>
> RAF> I have seen CONFIG_XILINX_UARTLITE_CONSOLE in the kernel code
> RAF> they have released or "integrated" or "delivered under GPL" or
> RAF> whatever else verb may fit to this situation.
>
> Ahh, so windriver reinvented the wheel instead of using my
> driver. They have afaik not pushed anything Virtex related upstream -
> Typical.

 The only thing I am sure is  Wind River done integration and
validation of Xilinx code for ML403 board. Xilinx probably write some
code but Montavista did too.

 Reading some files of that drivers I can say Xilinx uartlite drivers
contains code written since 2001 to 2006 by various contributors but
grepping WR 2.6.14 kernel your family name "korsgaard" does not
appear.

 I read your driver has been integretad in the 2.6.20 and jantira
Hengmeechai used /dev/ttl0 while I have used /dev/ttyS0. Are we sure
we are talking about the same thing or two different things which have
the same name?

 Cheers,
--
/roberto